Monday, October 3, 2011

What is the matter with you?!

This may come as a surprise to some of you (but it shouldn’t so I’m mad at you if you are surprised right now) but I’m NOT an idiot. I’m not. I’m a fairly smart human being who has made some good monetary decisions while I had a regular amount of money coming in to me. Now, by no means does that mean you should ask me for financial advice. Just don’t. But I’m doing ok for myself with my savings. That being said, I do think it’s funny when people ask me about the job search and my unemployment situation, all the while just wondering if I’m nearing a mental breakdown about expenses and being poor. It usually goes something like this:

Person: “How’s the job search going?”
Me: “Oh, you know…stupid.”
Person: “Haha, well that savings is probably running low by now huh?”
Me: *Probably should mind your own business- “Ha- yea well it’s doing ok. And I’m getting unemployment, so…you know. That’s helpful”
Person: “Yea, but it’s not very much is it? How much is it? I mean is it, can you... are you hungry?”
Me: *Again, something that isn’t your biz-NASS. “It’s about $9 million dollars a year I think when I do all the math, so it’s livable thanksforasking”

End scene.

I mean really people? Would you walk up to someone and ask them what their salary is, how much they weigh and how old they are? You would if you were an idiot with no manors. So, my advice to people is to continue to ask me how the job search is going because each day I hear that question it just brings me closer to going postal and punching you right in the throat. I’m not kidding. Dare you. Try it. Ask me. Dare. You.

Below is a drarwing of my rant and just in case you were interested, I applied to five new jobs today. Want to know how many interviews I got called for? Shud up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment