Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Forties (of beer)


After I posted about the Christmas Theft, I wanted to post something nice- tis the season after all.

This morning I went for a little fitness run, get my cardio on and poppin’ and I ran past two homeless gentlemens; these two gents are not strangers to me or my neighborhood. They are always out there, sitting around together smoking the ‘grass’ and reading books. Seriously- reading books! Those two hobos must be the most well read men in San Diego. Every morning when I walk my dog the one in the wheel chair smiles and waves at me, then goes back to his book. His friend says “Good morning beautiful” or “Hello pretty girl” (I think he might be a parrot in a grown man suit) and waves at me with his big toothless grin. So sweet!

Today I went running by and the wheel chair man started waiving at me from about 10ft away. So I smiled and waved back, and his buddy gives me the biggest, most homeless smile I’ve ever seen and holds up his forty of Budweiser! I gave them both a big smile and thumbs up for the beer and kept going. As I was running I got to thinking about what would make their Christmas bright. Easy: some forties and books. If those two smelled better I would probably go join their book club in a hot second. Beer and books- what’s better then that?! So before I head home for the holidays, I’m going to drop off a good book and a nice bottle of booze (I mean, a forty of Old E is nice booze to a homeless guy) so they can get a warm, holiday buzz.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all from Miss Funs :)


PS- I just thought of this poem:

These two homeless guys are hilarious
They love me
I love them
They drink 40's at 11am

I think that's a haiku. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment