Thursday, September 22, 2011

TGIT (because it means one more day and I'll have human contact again!)


"Hi ******



Thank you for your interest in our Sales Development Manager - Santa Monica, CA opening. 
Unfortunately, we have recently decided to close this position and will not be able to move forward with your candidacy.Should something change on our side and I decide to re-open this position, I will not hesitate to contact you.
Thank you again for your interest in an employment opportunity with Pandora, and I wish you the best in your current job search.

Happy Thursday...FREAKING NOT. I woke up this morning to this email. It isn't the first one I have received so I've learned to deal with it the same way I handle emotions. Just shove 'em in the trash...aka the deleted box. I guess all I can say is what a good friend once told me (albeit he was blackout drunk, had just tripped and fallen face first into a door then opened his wallet to have $20 be blown away by a cold Chicago winter wind) "You win some, you lose some." 

Again though- this blog isn't about my life as a man or a women (just trying to keep my anonymity here) it's about unemployment and deals (kinda). So here are a few tips I've learned the past few days- go out and enjoy SD on a budget people :)

1. You can print coupons to a lot of bars and restaurants at this website- check it out before you hit the town!
         - http://www.sandiegorestaurants.com/coupons.cfm

2. The following restaurants give you free food on your birthday (take the day off and eat, Nerds!):
          - Baskin RobinsSign up for the BR Birthday Club and, five days before your birthday, the ice-cream joint will send a free-scoop coupon and a discount on your birthday cake.
          -  Beninhana's: Join the "Chef's Table" and get a $30 gift certificate on your birthday
          -  Bruger's Bagels: "Like" their page on Facebook and you will get a coupon for a free bagel and cream cheese emailed to you (this is anytime, not just on your bday!)
          -  Buca Di Beppo: Sign up for their "eclub" and receive a free dessert on your birthday, also a free dessert on your wedding anniversary too!
          -  Chili's: Sign up for their E-mail club and get a coupon for free queso and chips. Downside: you have to use it in 48 hours. You also get gift cards to use anytime.
          -  The Melting Pot: Become a fondue member and receive a fondue-for-two (how cute, it rhymes!) Other invites include wine tastings and food samplings!

*There are plenty more! Google the deals before you go out, and make sure to sign up for free clubs and cards so you can receive gift cards and coupons from the establishment!

That's all for now folks- guess I'll go apply for more "jobs". Gag.

Bye!

1 comment: