Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday = Pay Day? Not here.

Captain's Log, Day 2: The crew is still unemployed and today on the schedule is a rousing line-up of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "According to Jim." Both these shows make me want to get my brain sucked out, or get a real job. Toddlers and Tiaras, now there's a show I can get behind, you know! For anyone who has spent an extensive amount of time with me (and by 'anyone' I mean my bff and some unfortunate bar patrons in New Orleans) then you know I do a DEAD-ON impression of Eden Wood. Who is Eden Wood? If you don't know, then get. out. Seriously, don't read the rest of this post. NO I'M JUST KIDDING, DON'T LEEEAAVE.

Anyway, I'm going to add this to my resume: "Strengths: 26 year old dead ringer for Eden Wood (6 year old cutie-patootie pageant queen) with ability to blow a kiss, draw an air-heart and win over a crowd with my amazing dance moves" because it's pretty true. But what the f*ck am I talking about....this blog is mainly about being unemployed (which Eden Wood is definitely NOT) so I'll get back to what I know.

Today was another of those awesome days that make me think I'm actually, literally, living the dream. I woke up (duh) then took my doggy on a long hike that we both loved, then I met an employed friend for a 'ladies' lunch' which included a little bit o' food and a lot bit of booze. Unemployment has me on an emotional roller-coaster which gives me days like this, then days where I get so mentally jammed up about not having health insurance (I know, I know, shud up about it) that I stay in bed until 1pm, then walk the dog and go back to bed and fret about my car that doesn't have a working radio and sounds like an old timey motor car that you have to crank to start. Jealous? You should be. Oh ps- nice pay check.

Except for now I realize that my last errand of the day is dropping off my unemployment form to the Post Office. This is where things get schticky. I don't have an envelope OR a stamp. WHAT DO I DO? Gah...I could walk down there and get one from the Post Office, but then I don't even know if they're open on Friday at 4:45pm. Now my stress is building about this letter and I'll most likely open a bottle of wine and have an in-house happy hour just to forget about it. I did have a full day anyway- happy hour is just a reward. Good for me.

And lastly, my TGIF tip of the (Fri)day for all you Funemployed kids out there: Fleetwood is almost going under so they're giving out coupons for $2 beers on Fridays (and hopefully every day if they want to stay in bidness)! Also, Whiskey Girl has $3 drinks and half price apps. So...scoot scoot it's beerly legal to be at work past 5pm on a Friday anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment